Thursday, October 25, 2012

Love, love, love

I made a tumblr site last year and it look me so long to come up with a name for it. I settled on, surprise, Love is not a maybe thing! When creating this blog I realized how odd that that title applied to me then and it still does now. (Odd because not much else is the same.) 

I heard the phrase for the first time years ago (it's an LC quote for any fans of The Hills) and the truth in it is really incredible. We've all had relationships where you think you're in love, but maybe you're too scared or insecure to say it (been there) but as cliché as it is, when you know you know (you know?)! Love isn't something you should feel insecure about - you should want to scream it at the top of your lungs, you should want to say it to that person, to your friends, to your family, to random people on the bus (although they probably won't care as much as the other people). 

I can honestly say that I've had that kind of love with Alex. It wasn't a maybe thing, we both knew pretty early on that is was love - real, honest, fast, silly, passionate, meaningful love. There were no maybes, no if's, no hesitation. When he first told me that he loved me, and I said it back (almost before he could finish the sentence) the look on his face was enough to make me fall in love all over again. His smile radiated through him, he was so so happy (as was I), and he just started repeating it: I love you, I love you, I love you! And then came the, you love me back's! We were so amazed with each other, to have that kind of bursting--at-the-seams love and have it reciprocated - it's amazing. And honestly, I can look back now and smile and realize how lucky I am (not was, am). To know beyond a shadow of a doubt that someone loves you as much as you love them is a gift. To be able to "fight" about who loves who more - are you serious? How lucky are we? We ended every night saying I love you, I love you more, I love you most, I love you more than most, etc etc. It was silly and special and a million other things.

 I feel so blessed that Alex and I shared a great love. Yes, it's hard not to think of the things we didn't get to do, places we didn't get to see, experiences we won't ever have - but man, did we love. I hope that you (whoever you are!) get to have that someday. No one should settle for a "maybe" love.

No comments:

Post a Comment