Wednesday, October 09, 2013

"You want a physicist to speak at your funeral"

I've been struggling a lot lately with a certain thought: what would Alex think of who I am today? It's a strange thought because I am not the same person I was when he was alive. Every action I make is in someway a reflection of what I've been through. I look the same, I sound the same, but I have never felt such a loss of connection to my former self.

I was wondering what Alex would say to me if we could still communicate, and I remembered something that his sister had sent to me last year. It's a very Alex way of thinking of things and when I read it, I have no problem envisioning him saying it to me (and to all those who love and mourn him). It all sounds so logical in a situation where logic really has no place.




2 comments:

  1. As a physicist, I've heard this before, and it does give me hope when mourning loved ones, including Alex.
    I like to think that reincarnation and entropy are one in the same, considering the whole universe in itself is a system.
    Thank you for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great way of viewing the world- even better that it's factual.

    ReplyDelete