Friday, May 17, 2013

It's (finally) a good Friday

Ever since I boarded the plane to Mexico 3 weeks ago, I have been feeling so.much.lighter. I have experienced this feeling one other time, and it's honestly as if I left a dark, lonely, sad person at home and became a brighter, happier version of myself (hello, Vitamin D). I have a new energy, a new zest for experiencing different things and a different outlook on certain situations. For example...

Have you ever had a moment when you knew that something pivotal was going to happen? Something fairly ordinary, yet you knew (could almost feel) it was going to be a significant moment? I am happy to say that I have. It's almost as if there's a charge in the air, and no one else can feel it- it's entirely personal, and that fact just makes you savor it that much more. There's something so empowering about being alone in a moment, even if you're not alone at all, and knowing that you've come this far and yet there's still so much more to come. There's nothing quite like the (good) unexpected- or even better, you want something to happen, you're almost willing it to happen, and then it does.

So not only am I feeling lighter, I'm feeling relieved- and it's a good great feeling.


No comments:

Post a Comment