Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Think happy. Be happy.

I wrote an article for another blog a few months ago - well more like 8(ish) months - and it was basically about waiting for the other shoe to drop. I was insanely happy with every single aspect of my life. Every. Single. Thing. And so naturally I started over-analyzing it all and wondering when the perfect illusion would be shattered. The foreshadowing of it all is crazy - but it makes me so angry that I chose to be negative about my happiness rather than bask in it all.

I read this quote once, it said: "I think we like to complicate things when it is really quite simple; find what it is that makes you happy and who it is that makes you happy and you're set." How apt, really. I can't tell you how much time I've spent complicating my own life when I could have just been content. There's no use in waiting for that other shoe to drop because trust me, the time spent after that's happened will be the worst time in your life, no use feeling that way until it's right there in your face. 

I believe that I will be happy again - and I know that when that day comes, I will not feel anything but good, I won't take it for granted. I wish that I learned this lesson under different circumstances, but nevertheless it's still an important lesson to be learned. 

Sometimes life is just awesome. Sometimes everything falls perfectly into place. Accept it, don't challenge it, and smile.


P.S. Happy Halloween :] stay safe & dry!

No comments:

Post a Comment